Nodal Ninja 3 MKII with Standard Rotator.
The "standard" rotator uses reversible brass detent rings that give the sound and feel of click stops. Having these different click stops allows the user to select how many degrees of rotation between shots. Available detent rings include 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 14, 15, 18, 20, & 24 stops. NN3-MKII has won the Editor's Choice Award, Gold Award, Pixelmania Award, 5 out of 5 ratings from Chasseur d'Images and Applelinks.
This tripod head model is best suited for those on the go, a popular choice for Real Estate photographers, hobbyists, hikers and travelers alike, any one interested in panoramic photography.. Use for single row and even multi-row. Produce stunning super high-resolution panoramas with your point and shoot camera or smaller DSLR's. You can also mount your camera in both landscape (horizontal) and portrait (vertical) orientation.
- Size - very small and compact making it easy to carry and stow (see specifications).
- Weight: 1lb 1oz (475 grams).
- FULL rotation up and down and all-around.
- Fits almost all point and shoot cameras from ultra compact to compact and many smaller DSLR's using smaller lenses.
- NEW Lower rotator design on NN3 MKII, enhancements include: new tension knob without inner lock screw, tension is easily adjusted by simply tightening the knob.
- Ball bearing detent plunger is incorporated in the MKII rotator for smooth rotation and click stops.
- New precision click ball replaces detent pin. This allows for a more positive feel and decreased wear.
- New precision CNC machined detent rings for better precision.
- Improved detent ring retention mechanism for easy change of detent ring.
- New rubberized metal knurled knobs. This not only allows for better gripping but also creates a better feel and enhanced look.
- Reversible detent rings offer click stops at varying degrees.
- Made to higher precision tolerances than earlier models.
- One knob adjustable resistance for horizontal panning.
Starter Package includes:
- F3106 - Lower Rail
- F3133 - Vertical Rail
- F3124 - Upper Rail
- F3136 - Standard Rotator
- F3132 - UR Knob
- F3125 - VR Knob
- F3115 - Camera Mounting Knob
- F2109 - Camera Plate
- F3150 - 15-0 detent ring
- F3153 - 45-60 detent ring
- F3134 - Case
- F3107 - LR Bass Screw
- F3119 - 1pr Rail Stops
- F3130 - UR Index Ring
- F3128 - UR Compression Washer
- F9202 - Retaining Washers
- F9208 - 3/8-1/4 Screw Adapter
- Hex Key + Misc parts
All pano heads come with full 2 year Warranty protection against manufacturer defects.
Note: The 16-35mm Nikkor lens is not compatible with both the NN3 and NN4 series pano heads.
The Canon EF 8-15mm is very long for a fisheye and may require the use of T-30-III T-adapter which gives a bit of added adjustment length.
MFG Part No: N3II-PKG
GSA# GS-02F-016CA Made in: Hong Kong
User Guides and Manuals
NN3 Translations (some from earlier versions)
CONTRACT #: GS-02F-016CA MADE IN: HONG KONG
Find Similar Products by Tag
Find Similar Products by Category
Posted by Paul on 12th Sep 2015
This unit is very well built. I was able to get it up and tuning in a very short time. I went online at Nodal Ninja to learn about parallax and entrance pupil I thought nodal point). I will be able to get out and make perfect panos now. I an using it on a Nikon 7100 and Tokina 11-16 mm at this time.
Posted by Jeff on 29th May 2013
How refreshing it is to buy something that is worth what you paid. I don't usually write reviews, but I was inspired. Light weight, solid, easy to assemble, notched disc for precision panoramic shots, well designed, spare parts, etc.. I have a 7D, and the NN3 supports the weight of the camera without shake. If it's not already obvious, I highly recommend the NN3.
Lightweight, compact, reliable.
Posted by Andrey Ilyin on 11th Mar 2013
I use this head for different applications few years already. Totally satisfied with it's compactness and reliable performance. Perfect solution for using with small DSLR or ILS body combined with small rectilinear or fisheye lens. Easily accommodates my 5DMkII in combination with EF 8-15 fisheye lens.
I have few NN pano heads (actually all of them :)) and pick NN3 in situations when I need precise zenith shot.