We started manufacturing the first Nodal Ninja "SPH-1” in 2004. Since then we've evolved to now include 5 base models (NN3,4, R1/R10, RS, & M Series), Object VR Turntables, various rotators, carbon fiber aerial poles, and over 200 accessories. And we continue to expand with new products being introduced every year. This is testament to Fanotec (manufacturer) listening to end user needs. But we are more than just about products, a cornerstone to our business model is in offering the best possible support we can. We treat our customers with the highest of respect.
Brief Product History:
- late 2004 - NN SPH-1 (spherical first generation). The very first pano head is produced.
- early 2005 - March 10th 2005 the NODALNINJA.COM website is born.
- mid 2005 - NN SPH-1i (spherical first generation improved).
- late 2005 - NN SPH-2 (spherical second generation).
- early 2006 - NN SPH-2L (spherical second generation longer vertical arm).
- early 2006 - NN SPH-2s (spherical second generation shorter vertical arm).
- early 2007 - NN SPH-2sd (spherical second generation shorter vertical arm with detents).
- mid 2007 - NN3 (third generation).
- early 2008 - NN3-MKII (third generation with improved lower rotator).
- early 2008 - NN5 - a new series added to the lineup of pano heads reaching to the pro-level cameras.
- mid 2008 - NN180 - a small lightweight solution added to meet the needs of those doing single row pano with super wide angle lens.
- late 2008 - Fanotec advances with state-of-the-art CAD and CNC machinery resulting in higher precision products line called the "Ultimate Line".
- early 2009 - D4, D8, D12, D16 - new higher precision CNC advanced rotators come to market allowing more pano head configurations.
- mid 2009 - R1, R10 CNC machined ring clamp style pano heads added to the lineup.
- late 2009 - Turntables for those doing object movies.
- all of 2010 - Accessories and add-ons to many products.
- late 2010 - Nodal Ninja 5 series discontinued to pave the way for newer NN4
- early 2011 - Modular Pole series 1 and 2.
- early 2011 - Ultimate M1 series modular pano heads.
- mid 2011 - Nodal Ninja 4 series (replacing NN5) now includes 15 degree upper rotator lock stops.
- mid 2011 - Tripod Adapters, Pole Rotators and Footplates hit the scene.
- late 2011 - Fanotec develops dedicated custom arca style camera plates to fit dozens of cameras and battery grips.
- early 2012 - Camera specific Arca Swiss Style designed to fit dozens of DSLR's with and without battery grips.
- early 2012 - Rotator Mini introduced, smaller and lighter with click stops.
- early 2012 - The GTP pkg becomes available for Google Trusted Photographers.
- mid 2012 - more configurations become available using the Rotator Mini including the Ultimate Mini Pkg.
- late 2012 - Nodal Ninja model RS-1 is introduced. This new head similar to NN3 allows users with fisheye lens using Lens Ring Clamp to mount camera/lens directly to upper rotator arca clamp (no upper rail).
- early 2013 - Ultimate M2 is introduced - the best got better. Using the newly designed RD8-II (second generation) and new upper rotator, this head will support lenses up to 465mm (Portrait mode) and 700mm in Landscape mode.
- early 2013 - Advanced RD8-II introduced for use with M2 series providing for click stops as small as 2 degrees.
- early 2013 - The RS-2 is introduced - same as NN4 but with upper arca-swiss style clamp instead of upper rail.
- early 2013 - Free compass added to Google Trusted Photographer panoramic tripod head.
- mid 2013 - Announced in Iceland Nodal Ninja will be used to shoot VR aboard the International Space Station on NASA future mission.
- mid 2013 - The 18m (30ft) carbon fiber pole with guy wire support is unveiled at the Iceland Conference.
- mid 2013 - The carbon fiber Travel Pole is also introduced at the Iceland Conference.
- late 2013 - Guy wire support systems is added to all Poles
- early 2014 - More stop plates + universal stop plates added for lens rings.
- early 2014 - New Universal Adapter Rods for Laser Scanner users
- early 2014 - Arca-Swiss Quick Release Plate for Advanced Rotators
- early 2014 - Version 2 of the popular lens ring added allowing for greater lens functionality.
- mid 2014 - New conversion kits and replacement mounts introduced for Samyang 7.5mm lens on Sony, Fujifilm, & Canon.
- late 2014 - More lens rings added
- early 2014 - The GTP Pkg further enhanced and improved on.
- early 2015 Tripod adapters expanded options
- mid 2015- New Nodal Ninja Lens announced
- mid 2015 - The Rotator Mini is enhanced to RM-V2 with locking knob.
- mid 2015 - Smaller R1 released called R20
- mid 2015 - The big got bigger - Fanotec's Nodal Ninja M2 Giga with its patented design allowing for super high resolution gigapixel photography.
Nodal Ninja is also the name of a company which operates under the legal protection of Bill Bailey L.L.C. - a Limited Liability Company based in Chandler Arizona USA. The brand name "Nodal Ninja" is used by permission from Nick Fan of Fanotec International. Many aspects of the business, to include marketing and global distribution of the Fanotec product line, are all handled through Nodal Ninja. Nodal Ninja is the exclusive global distributor of the Fanotec product line. While Fanotec International and Nodal Ninja are separate legally licensed entities, they operate very closely with other.
Fanotec International and Nick Fan invented and developed the Nodal Ninja spherical bracket in 2004. Nick has many years of schooling, is bilingual and has a passion to design, engineer and build. He formed and called his new manufacturing company Digital Initiatives, but later changed it to Fanotec International. Their slogan is "We Listen, we try harder". The name Fanotec was coined by a forum user because Nick showed himself to be a big Fan of Technology. A perfectionist at heart with a strong commitment to quality and customer support, Nick continues to improve upon current product designs. He also works to develop ongoing products to meet
the demands of the panoramic photographer. Nick frequents many forums and you will see him regularly in our own Nodal Ninja forum.
Bill Bailey is C.E.O. of Bill Bailey LLC. Bill owned and operated a successful photography company in Alaska for 4 years (1994-1999) called Northern Exposure Photography of Alaska (NEP). NEP had shot over 250,000 sittings over the course of 4 years, from school photography to families living in dozens of remote Eskimo Villages throughout the state. During this time NEP was the largest and most popular portrait studio business in the state. Bill's photography interests ultimately lead him into panoramic photography. While seeking out panoramic tripod heads himself, he learned about Nick of Digital Initiatives. Nick’s company was still in early development and in need of distribution and marketing person. Bill was able to bring to the table his experience in business and creative marketing vision. Bill shared the same entrepreneurial passion and commitment as Nick which ultimately formed a business relationship that helped to bring the product line to where it is today. Those that know him personally, and through the forums, will testify to his commitment of excellence. Bill is also a humanitarian and helps people and causes whenever he can.
Mauro Contrafatto - Customer Service Manager - Mauro handles most inquires from the website, and helps to answer customer concerns and product questions. Mauro is a forum moderator and also authorized distributor/reseller in Italy. Mauro is also committed to customer service and goes the extra mile to reach out and help others. His dedication and responsiveness to customer concerns goes beyond the call of duty. We are proud to have him on our team. Mauro can be reach at: cs[at]nodalninja[dot]com.
Rob Van Gils - Logistics/Shipping Manager - Rob has been part of our team for close to 6 years. As shipping manager, he primarily overlooks the warehouse manager and takes responsibity for correctness of orders. He is very familiar with all our products and also handles support issues. Rob, now semi-retired, has been into photography most of his life. Being a world traveler every year he ventures off to faraway lands in pursuit of perfect panoramas. He has many stories to share to a willing ear. Rob's direct email address is rob[at]nodalninja[dot]com.
Thuy (Twee) Lam - Accounts Manager - Thuy is the newest member to join the Nodal Ninja team. She is outgoing, friendly, and always ready to help. Thuy handles accounting and is happy to assist with any billing questions you may have. Thuy's direct email is email@example.com
Lisa Moran - Warehouse Manager - Lisa comes with a background of successful customer service and client relations. Recently Lisa was promoted to "Warehouse Manager". She's in charge of receiving, pulling orders and keeping the warehouse well organized.
Lisa's direct email is lisa[at]nodalninja[dot]com.
Kim Bailey - Documents and Filing Manager - Kim is Bill's wife and pitches in when assistance is needed with various administrative functions. Kim is also a full time real estate agent and associate broker licensed in the state Arizona. She specializes in bank owned homes and pre-approved short sales. If you're looking to buy a home in Phoenix please conact her - check out her website at: www.kimbaileyhomes.com
Authorized Dealers - We strive hard to hand pick resellers that are committed to customer service. Our resellers are team players and we work well together bringing you a more cohesive network of support. We're very proud of our existing family of resellers and hope your experiences in purchasing our products reflects in their commitment. For a current list of authorized resellers please click here.
Together we all strive to uphold what we feel to be the best support in the industry and take a great deal of pride in the product and service we provide. Are we perfect? No! But we do learn from our mistakes and do our best to improve upon any mistakes we may make.
We Give Back - No other company in this field gives back to the community like we do. Bill is a humanitarian at heart and over the last 4 years we has donated and given away close to $100,000 in cash and products. Fanotec as well as been generious in helping with various causes. A very small portion of profit from every sale is devoted to helping someone somewhere feel a little less pain. Nodal Ninja also dontates monthly to the International Red Cross as well as to the ASPCA to help homeless, abused and neglected pets. Here are some other specialized causes we helped with:$5,000 to the Australian flood victims.
- $2,800 to support the travels of a photojournalist (Akia Ninomiya) documenting the Earthquake region in efforts to raise money for those affected.
- $8,300 to a non-profit project dedicated to documenting every stage of NASA's final shuttle mission.
- And we support many other non-profits with smaller contributions such as
- museums and research centers,
- Animal Rescue,
- and the Arthritis Foundation.
- Worth mentioning too is we have also sponsored many non-profits that promote this genre of photography.
At times, we think we are giving too much away, but our hearts genuinely go out to these affected people and animals in need of help. When you purchase any of our products rest assured you are helping us to help others even if in a small way.
A special thanks to all our customers,
The Nodal Ninja Team