New Ultimate M2
Nodal Ninja Ultimate Modular System is a pano dead based on Arca Swiss compatible system, the industry standard for high-end photographic support. The M2 is a design with many years of refinement, integrating years of feature wishes from customers. It fills the gap of Nodal Ninja product line for photographers making high-resolution panos or mosaics with super telephoto lenses. Furthermore, it can act as a gimbal arm for smooth rotation of heavy telephoto lenses at its center of gravity.
Features and Highlights:
- Modular design means an easy upgrade from the previous model and to future models.
- Support long telephoto lens up to 3kg (6.6 lb) in weight.
- Full bearing loaded rotators for smooth and steady rotation.
- Upper rotator with adjustable friction to serve as a gimbal arm.
- Upper rotator with laser marked index ring with fine 2.5° intervals.
- Upper rotator upgradeable (optional) with precise positive stops up to 1.5° finest intervals. (Coming soon)
- Upper and lower rotators with indicators for starting and ending positions, ideal for making mosaics with a large number of images. Photographers can first compose the mosaic, then set the starting and ending positions horizontally and vertically. The indicators will make sure no images are missed and no excessive images are taken.
- With RD8-II (precise click stops at 30°, 15°, 6°, 5°, 4°, 3°, 2.5°, 2°) to support up to 700mm equivalent focal length with camera in landscape orientation, or 465mm equivalent in portrait orientation.
- Precision CNC machined from aircraft T6061 aluminum and anodized, meaning high precision, accuracy, durability and long lifetime.
- RD8-II (F1180)
(30°, 15°, 6°, 5°, 4°, 3°, 2.5°, 2°) to support:
< 465mm eq. full length in portrait mode,
< 700mm eq. full length in landscape mode.
- QRC-65 (Lower Rotator Quick Release Clamp)* Jaw length: 65mm (F8325)
- MFR-210 Double Dovetail (Lower Rail) Length: 210mm (F8150)
- M2 Upper Compression Lock Rotator
- MFVR-170C Double Dovetail Vertical Rail with Integral QR Clamp (Vertical Rail) (F8152)
- QRC-65 (Upper Rotator Quick Release Clamp) * Jaw length: 65mm (F8325)
- MFR-170 Double Dovetail (Upper Rail) Length: 170mm (F8151)
- QRC-40A (Upper Rail End Clamp) Jaw length: 40mm (F2100)
- Case (F8117)
- RD16-II (F1161)
(120°, 90°, 60, 45°, 36°, 30°, 24°, 20°, 18°, 15°, 12°, 10°, 7.5°, 6°, 5°, 3.75°) to support:
< 265mm eq. full length in portrait mode,
< 400mm eq. full length in landscape mode.
- Lens Ring Mount for Supporting Fisheye Lenses directly to upper rotator clamp
- M Series Nadir Adapter (F8301)
M1L M2 Series Vertical Extender (F8310)
- Stop Plate Arca-Swiss Style 2ea (F2106)
- Camera Plate - This listing does not include a camera mounting plate.
Notes: EZ-Leveler-II and advanced rotator RD3L not recommended for M2 when heavy tele lens is used.
The customer can buy our dedicated camera plates or use "any" Arca-Swiss compatible camera plate.
Total weight of M2 w/RD8-II = 3.75lbs
Note: EZ-Leveler-II and advanced rotator RD3L not recommended for M2 when heavy tele lens is used.
MFG Part No: M2RD8II.
NOTE: FOR QUESTIONS IN SETUP PLEASE VISIT OUR FORUM
User Guides and Manuals
Here is a recent Gigapixel image we shot aboard the USS Midway Aircraft Carrier.
Equipment used: Ultimate M2 w/RD8-II Advance Rotator, Nikon D800E, Nikon 80-400mm lens shot at 270mm.
File Size: 24.63 Gigapixels
Panorama size: 355,936 x 69,204 pixels.
Images shot: 1560 (120 columns by 13 rows)
CONTRACT #: GS-02F-016CA MADE IN: HONG KONG
When you receive your Ultimate M Series 1 or 2 Series pano head many of the parts are already assembled for you. Here we show you how to assemble the head quickly right from the case. Link to optional rail stops - http://z10a.com/ZmFWe2Link to Arca-Swiss style camera plates - http://z10a.com/17bmvbbM Series accessories - http://z10a.com/112SCoGFanotec's Ultimate M Series Modular Panoramic Tripod HeadsStrongest, "Repeatable Results", Arca Style Modular Design, Upper Rotator Lock Stops (M1) Popular Uses: Landscape, Cityscapes, Gigapixels, Commercial, HDR Level of Experience: Semi Pro - ProCameras: DSLR's, Medium Format, some Large FormatLenses: Portait mode up to 400mm - Landscape mode up to 750mm
Ultimate M Ser...When you receive your Ultimate M Series 1 or 2 Series pano hea...
Find Similar Products by Tag
Find Similar Products by Category
Posted by James Johnston on 5th Nov 2015
Based on many reviews and comparisons I purchased this product sight unseen and am extremely happy with the quality, presentation and service received. I am primarily a Nature Photographer but am constantly creating panorama shots when the subject warrants. This set will do the trick and is an easy way to get perfect shots every time. Thanks Nodal Ninja!
The best Nodal Adapter on the market!
Posted by Patrick on 24th Feb 2015
Even if this product is a little pricey, it's worth the quality! It is the high end of all nodal point (parallax) adapters, even on for Nodal-Ninjas ones.
You receive outstanding quality and a new part in your gear that supports you to create best, perfectly aligned / stitched 360°/180° panoramas or up to an 400mm (in portrait) in fast and precise gigapixel.
It comes secure packed in a nice soft-box that provides sufficient safety during all kind of situations - and the gear is so well made, I bet it doesn't need lot of protection at all.
I already traveled with the M2 with the RD8-II through the US and Latin America and even on dusty roads, rocky hills and freezing -2°F (-18°C) in Chicago's winter (https://500px.com/photo/98217117/chicago-winter-night-at-navy-pier-by-patrick-zeller) it will work as you expect it to do.
Be aware, it is also a little heavy, but if you are planing to do panos or gigapixs, you need some stable tripod, heavy lenses and other gear anyway. For that it is the most solid and precise gear you can get.
A solid, well engineered piece, you for sure never will miss if you had it once.
The rotator that handles your manual gigapixel panos with ease.
Posted by Gavin Farrell on 19th Feb 2013
The circumference of this rotator provides the perfect distance between detents so when you're shooting and need those precise well marked increments/steps you'e got them. Because the detent steps are clearly marked and spaced out more then the other rotators they're EASIER TO SEE and thereby retain your position in the sequence. If you're looking to use a 300mm/400mm Telephoto lens for manually shooting a gigapixel panorama this rotator will speed up your workflow with less chance for error.