Level: Amateur - Pro.
Lenses: Fisheye 4.5-17mm.
Features: Smallest Pano Head, fits in pocket, repeatable results, fits to lens not camera
Uses: 360x180 Spherical Panoramas, Google Street Views, Google Business Views, Real Estate, Aerial Poles
Cameras: Any - fit based on lens
For use on monopods / poles or rotators other than RD4. Corresponding adapter is needed. Our Quick Mount Mini Adapter System is recommended. A single row pano head designed for use with circular and full frame fisheye lenses such as the Sigma 8mm or Nikon 10.5mm lens along with many other popular fisheye lenses. The R1 pano head incorporates a unique cantilever tilting option suitable for different fisheye lenses on different sensor formats under different applications. The ring clamp mounts directly onto the lens itself freeing up the camera. Different cameras can be used on the same lens without adjusting any settings.
- Universal for all circular and full frame fisheye lenses.
- 8 precise on-the-fly tilting options (-15, -10, -7.5, -2.5, 0, +5, +7.5, +12.5 deg).
- Options to capture (off-set from No-Parallax-Point) the zenith (up shot) and nadir (down shot) making nadir and zenith patching easier and making sharp long exposure captures possible.
- Rolling the camera/lens in any position including the popular 0, 60 and 90 degree positions.
- Different cameras can be used on the same lens without adjusting any settings.
- Compact and lightweight - great for use on monopods and high poles.
- Much easier to use.
- Small nadir footprint.
- Built-in spirit level.
- Optional spirit level that allows rotation to the side and back for better viewing.
- Optional rail stop that is integrated into the Lens Ring Plate.
User Guides and Manuals
Making the transition from my old pano head to this has completely changed how I shoot 360 images. My favorite thing is that is takes up so much less space. Most of the time I leave the lens attached making setup extremely easy - add it to my monopod, snap on the camera body and I'm done. Tightening mechanisms and it's small design make keeping my setup optimized for the nodal point ridiculously easy. I HIGHLY recommend this product for anyone that shoots fisheye panos.